Dr. Kurt Juergens has been in private practice since 1989 and has had extensive post-graduate training in Sports Medicine. Dr. Juergens is a native Houstonian. He attended Brigham Young University for his undergraduate studies and then attended Texas Chiropractic College where he graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1988. In 1992, Dr. Juergens was selected to be a member of the Untied States Olympic Track and Field Trials Sports Medicine team. He has also served on the sports medicine teams for the NCAA Track & Field Championships, ATP's Tennis Masters Cup and U.S. Clay Court Championships. Dr. Juergens continues to treat high school, college, and professional athletes in a all fields from all over the world. Dr. Juergens lectures regularly for his profession on topics related to sports rehabilitation. He also speaks at companies of all sizes on a variety of health related topics. Dr. Juergens has been featured as a medical expert in the Discovery Channel's" One Step Beyond" Production and he has been a frequent guest of Health Talk Houston's daily radio host, Dr. David Mobley, MD. Dr. Juergens is an Eagle Scout and has run 7 marathons. He is most proud of his wife and 5 children.
Dr. Juergens also serves as the Medical Director for MetroNational, a Houston based real estate, development, and investment company.
Dr. Juergens uses a "whole person approach" when taking care of his patients. By combining the very best hands-on-technique and state of the art physiotherapy procedures, Dr. Juergens is able to help you to accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health.
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) 1988 Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Biology (BS)
- Professional Experience
- Memorial-Hermann Memorial City Speakers Bureau
- Adjunct Professor- Texas Chiropractic College
- Moody Health Center- Texas Chiropractic College -1987-1988
- Orthopedic Surgery Intern Rotation- University of Texas Health Science Center - Hermann Hospital Orthopedic Department-1988
- Certified Sports Chiropractor
- Southeast Back Institute-Diagnosis & Management of Low Back Disorders
- Designated Doctor with the Texas Worker's Compensation Commission
- Certified Impairment Evaluator
- Personal Achievements
- Eagle Scout
- Finisher of 7 Marathons